We conduct retained searches for portfolio company CEOs, CFOs, Revenue Leaders, and select Operating Partner/Executive assignments. Our track record of C-Suite executive placements can be easily referenced with our closely-held, repeat private equity clients.
- CEO search is our cornerstone value-add. We are a fit for funds who prioritize horsepower and private equity intangibles over a resume box-checking competition. Any search firm can find a slate of candidates. Our job is to find best-athlete leaders who are built for the rigor and urgency of private equity.
- CFO searches are our most frequent mandate. The role is arguably the most challenging position on the portfolio company management team.
- Revenue Leader assignments are the third leg of our value creation offering for private equity-backed portfolio companies. Finding sales leaders who can scale your portfolio company is a blend of art and science.
Outsourced Talent Management
We develop tailored human capital strategies for private equity firms to function as, or augment, an in-house talent management function. Our in-depth needs analysis defines your ideal talent management outcome then we tailor a custom-built solution. Our clients aspire to have most, or all, of the following:
- Pre-vetted bullpen of CEOs and CFOs
- Network of Operating Executives who can serve as C-Level candidates, assist with diligence, contribute to deal flow
- Human capital due diligence to enable a talent road map from Day 1 of the hold period
Imagine a talent management relationship that could shift recruiting from a reactive, tactical challenge to a strategic and proactive weapon for your fund. Instead of taking 12+ weeks to conduct a CEO or CFO search, you and your colleagues would be positioned to hire a pre-vetted CEO or CFO from your bullpen for a real-time leadership upgrade.
Human Capital Due Diligence
Know exactly “who” you are buying, not just “what.”
- Get a clear viewpoint on the existing management team
- Understand who is likely to make it to exit and who will need to be replaced
- Paint a picture of the new executive roles (if any) that you will need to create
- Create a talent road map from Day 1 of your hold period
- Avoid the tell-tale investor mistake of “waiting too long to make a change”